JOB ID: EB-1354176680
Nearterm’s clients are looking for experienced RN Case Managers to become an integral member of their healthcare team. Engage with patients, their families, care givers, and providers to develop relationships providing support and resources to ensure ongoing compliance, best practice and high-quality standards of care are maintained for the patient. Interact directly and indirectly with internal and external clinical staff and providers, delivering excellent customer service.
Primary Responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Enter patient demographic information into tracking database based on referrals from MD
- Work closely with office staff to insure all referrals are captured and track all referrals and where they are in protocol
- Follow patients using protocol under direction of Coordinator and Medical Director
- Assessment of patient needs to ensure plan of care followed as directed
- Perform follow up phone calls to patients to ensure compliance with treatment plan
- Insure results of reports are returned to physicians in a timely manner and notify of any changes and schedules follow up appointments based on protocol
- Maintain documentation in database
- Coordinate with scheduling and office as needed
- Assist patients with scheduling follow up appointments
- Run reports from database and auditing data
- Registered Nurse graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required, BSN preferred, (OR) graduate of an accredited masters of social work program (MSW). Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 -5 years of prior case management experience or healthcare experience
- Certification in Case Management required within two (2) years of hire into the Case Manager position.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Detail orientated and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Team orientated with a willingness to collaborate
- Experience in utilization management, case management, discharge planning or other cost/quality management program preferred.
- Strong analytical, data management and PC skills.
- Background in medical terminology and familiarity with common medical abbreviations
- Demonstrated empathetic communicator with a natural service-oriented focus, enjoys working with people to address their needs, and employs motivational interviewing skills
Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and post-acute community resources, physician office routines, and transitional procedures for pre and post acute care. Demonstrated understanding of motivational interviewing and change management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payors, and patients and their families
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: [email protected]
Copy and Paste the following job title and EB code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Case Manger (EB-1354176680)
If you have any questions or would like additional information please call (888) 646-1330